Tuesday, July 15, 2003

Chemical Neighbors: Can't Live With 'em, Can't Live Without 'em

Dear Abby:

I have a problem. It's my next door neighbor. He makes smelly stuff that pollutes the air, but sells very well. He hired some neighborhood kid to do some welding near a leaky tank full of sulfuric acid which exploded and not a trace of him was ever found again. He spilled millions of gallons of sulfuric acid into the creek and has been fined hundreds of millions of dollars by the federal government. But he's so rich he doesn't care.

Now, you might think I'd be writing you to ask your advice on how to get rid of him. But actually, I don't want to do that. I need him. My kids work for him and he supports the whole town. I don't like him, but I need him.

Am I crazy?

Signed:

Miffed by Motiva