Monday, February 14, 2005

More Shameless Self Promotion

"Get this self-serving crap off of this listserve!"

That's what someone wrote me last time I humbly asked for your vote.

My response: Deal with it. That's why God made delete buttons.


Thanks to the enthusiastic supporters of workplace safety rights, Confined Space has made it to the Koufax Award finals, as one of the eight final nominees for "Best Expert Blog." (Koufax as in best lefty blogger.)

Although I'm sure to be trounced, given the stiff opposition, I can honestly say that I'm proud to be part of this crowd of nominees. And prouder still to have an endorsement from a fellow blogger, Suzie, over at Suburban Guerrilla:

Koufax nominations are up for Best Expert Blog. As before, I recommend Confined Space. Jordan does an amazing job, documenting the deliberate undermining of workplace protections under the Bush regime.

There are many expert blogs, most of them having to do with law, economics or science. Those are all important, but I can't think of anything that has more impact on the average person's life than workplace safety.

Check him out. If you agree, please give him your vote.
Check them all out, and then click here, scroll to the bottom and WRITE IN CONFINED SPACE.

Aside from the honor, these nominations actually get more people to read Confined Space who never knew anything about workplace safety issues.

Oh, and by the way, Suburban Guerrilla (the blog I start my day with -- she makes you laugh before you feel like bashing your head against the wall) has been nominated for Best Blog and Best Post.

Hint. Hint.

Check her out (her blog, that is). You know what to do.

Other 2004 Koufax Award categories include:

Non-Professional/Sponsored Blog

Professional/Sponsored Blog

Best Group Blog

Most Humorous Blog

Best Series

Best Writing

Best New Blog

Most Deserving of Wider Recognition

Most Humorous Post

Best Series

Best Post

Best Commenter

UPDATE: Seem to have been nominated for Best Single Issue Blog as well. Choices, choices. Oh, what the hell, vote for me for both.