Saturday, February 28, 2004

Highlighting the Obvious

From the Financial Times to the Washington Post. When you're hot, you're hot.

The Washington Post actually printed one of my letters today. It commented on a May 8 article in the Post (that I wrote about then) that made the shocking argument that Bush's policies favor business.
Highlighting the Obvious

Says the headline: "In Bush's Policies, Business Wins" [news story, Feb. 8]. As my children would say: "Duh!" From the first piece of major legislation he signed -- the repeal of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration's ergonomics standard in March 2001 -- to the president's recent victory in the battle for his business-friendly Medicare reform, this administration has been pro-business as far as the eye can see. I don't know whether I should feel happy that your paper has finally headlined this obvious conclusion or sad that it has taken more than three years for it to get there.

-- Jordan Barab
Takoma Park