Sunday, February 15, 2004

OSHA Web Page Hours Conspiracy

I've written a couple of times about OSHA shutting down it's Inspection Data website (here and here) on weekends and between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. weekdays.

So last night I'm trying to do a little research (yes, I do actually research some of my stories) and, of course, I got the same message again about the Inspection Data webpage being shut down at night and over the weekend. OK, I'll just do it some other time, like...... Wait a minute. When is the research staff at Confined Space (all of whom have day jobs) supposed to do any research on OSHA's web page? The OSHA webpage hours correspond to the exact times when Confined Space is not posting -- when I'm at work.

I had a comment after my first post on this topic from Sara Markle-Elder saying "They're on to you. They know you do this in your free time." I laughed at the time. But no more.

Coincidence you say?

I think not.