Hospital Worker Dies from T-B
Chesapeake, Virginia-AP -- A hospital worker in Virginia has died of tuberculosis.
State health officials said they're trying to reach people who may have come in contact with the Virginia Beach woman. She worked at Chesapeake General Hospital's orthopedic surgical unit from October 2003 through April sixth of this year.
According to the Centers for Disease Control, T-B is a disease caused by a bacteria and spreads through the air from one person to another when a person with T-B coughs or sneezes.
Health officials say several hundred people may have been exposed to the disease. So far two of the woman's relatives and two hospital employees have tested positive for T-B.
The views expressed in this Blog are my own and do not, in any way, shape or form, reflect or represent the views or policies of my employer. Links to or from other websites of individuals or organizations do not constitute an endorsement of these views.