Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Moving On: Closing Up Shop

This is incredibly hard for me, but tomorrow night will be my last blog post on Confined Space. After much deliberation, I’ve decided to take a new job that makes it impossible to continue.

Starting next week, I’ll be heading to the House of Representatives Committee on Education and Labor, working on OSHA-related legislation, oversight hearings, investigations, etc. In other words, instead of just writing about what Congress and this administration needs to be doing to protect workers, I’ll hopefully be able to directly affect some of those things.

If you’re around, stop by here tomorrow (Wednesday) night to say goodbye. I’m inviting you all over to an on-line goodbye party from 9:00 to 11:00 pm EST. I’ll take some time to reflect on the past four years, and I’ll be on line, so you can use the comments at the bottom of the last post to wish me well, blast me for leaving, speculate about the future of workplace safety in this country, or predict the next American Idol winner.

And it’s BYOB. Lots of it.

See you tomorrow.

Update: You can view the wreckage of the party here, and in the comments below this entry and tomorrow's.