Monday, September 13, 2004

Why the Hazard Communication Standard Requires Labeling

Cooper City supermarket worker burned by poisoned soda

Associated Press

COOPER CITY, Fla. - A supermarket deli worker was critically injured after drinking from a soda bottle contaminated with a caustic substance in what is believed to be an isolated incident, authorities said Sunday.

Santosh Malhotra, 68, of Miramar, grabbed a 20-ounce bottle of Diet Coke from a built-in refrigerator under the deli counter in an employee-only area of the Winn-Dixie store. She felt a burning sensation, immediately spit out the liquid and vomited.