- Parking ticket in Washington, DC - $100
- Cruising at 7 miles over the speed limit in New Jersey - $140.
- Fine for building a shed one foot larger than required in Woodbridge, VA - $ 500
- Failing to shore up a mine roof, even after being cited for it over and over again - $60.
- Being a coal company executive and knowing that Dubya put your own lobbyist in charge of miners' health and safety? -- PRICELESS.
NOTE: Confined Space is back after a short 10-year break and can now be found at: Confined Space.
WHAT IS THIS?
Workplace issues, Occupational Safety and Health (OSHA), Workplace Safety, Public Health, Environment and Political Information that everyone should know.
What happens inside the Beltway matters outside the Beltway.
That's why they try to keep it secret.
Wednesday, January 11, 2006
When Fines Become Priceless
This has been circulating. I'm not sure who gets the credit for writing it, but it sums up the Bush administration's health and safety policy pretty well...
Posted by Jordan at 11:26 PM