Workplace Health and Safety News
- The Pump Handle is an excellent blog that covers regulatory issues. To fill some of the gap left by the termination of Confined Space, The Pump Handle has launched a new feature, Confined Space@TPH, that will keep up on workplace safety and health news.
- Starting next week, Tammy Miser will continue the misnamed The Weekly Tollevery two weeks on its own page.
- You should also bookmark the award-winning Hazards Magazine, run by the intrepid Rory O'Neill and friends. Hazards has health and safety news and a toolbox of indepth information about every conceivable health and safety issue.
- The labor news service, Labourstart runs a health and safety page. If you have a webpage, you can also set up a health and safety feed (check out the right-hand column of Confined Space)
- The CalOSHA Reporter offers a free daily news digest. Despite its name, it covers more than just California news. You read the on-line version here or subscribe to the daily e-mail.
- For immigrant issues, you can't go wrong with Working Immigrants
- For Workers Compensation news, check out Workers Comp Insider.
- For general public health news and commentary (as well as excellent writing), there's no better place to go than Effect Measure.
- Labourstart also runs an excellent labor news service, sorted by country. US labor news is here. If you have a webpage, you can run the Labourstart newsfeed.
- RawblogXport runs a labor news blog as well, with short excerpts for labor articles.
- Mick Arran has resurrected Dispatch From The Trenches, a labor commentary blog, and, in honor of the demise of Confined Space, has added a feature called TrenchNews, "a round-up of some of the news stories on unions and labor issues that the MSM either buries in the Business pages or doesn’t cover at all."