Safety Training OfferedAFL-CIO George Meany Center
Attention union activists, staff, and local union health and safety representatives who would like to teach their membership about workplace health and safety issues. The George Meany Center for Labor Studies will offer two six-day Train-the-Trainer health and safety programs next year.
The first is a Train the Trainer Program on Workplace Health and Safety For Bi-Lingual (Spanish-English) Union Trainers February 8 – 13, 2004. Click here for flyer and here for application.
The second class, for English speakers runs from May 2 – 7, 2004. Click here for flyer and here for application.
Topics of both classes include
- Worker and Union Roles in Workplace Safety and Health
- Identifying Hazards in the Workplace
- Legal Health and Safety Rights of Workers and Unions
- Recordkeeping (OSHA 300 Log) Requirements
- Introduction to Ergonomics
- Effective Health and Safety Committees
For more information, Sharon Simon at the George Meany Center at 301- 431-5414, or at email@example.com.
Sign up soon. Space is limited.