Participants will learn the fundamentals of workplace health and safety, with a focus on the topics below. They will also learn how to teach or facilitate classes on these subjects for other union members. Specific topics to be covered include:
- Worker and Union Roles in Workplace Safety and Health
- Identifying Hazards in the Workplace
- Legal Health and Safety Rights of Workers and Unions
- Record keeping (OSHA 300 Log) Requirements
- Introduction to Ergonomics
- Effective Health and Safety Committees
For more information, contact Sharon Simon at GMC-NLC, (301) 431-5414, or e-mail her at email@example.com.