This program is for union activists, staff, and local union health and safety representatives who would like to teach their membership about workplace health and safety issues. The program will have approximately 20 participants who must be sponsored by their union or organization and must agree to facilitate safety and health training in their union or organization. It will be held at National Labor College at the George Meany Campus in Silver Spring, Maryland.
Specific topics to be covered include:
- Worker and Union Roles in Workplace Safety and Health
- Identifying Hazards in the Workplace
- Legal Health and Safety Rights of Workers and Union
- Record keeping (OSHA 300 Log) Requirements
- Introduction to Ergonomics
- Effective Health and Safety Committees