Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Koufax March Madness: Final Voting Is Open

No, no. Don't skip this.

Oops. It seems that out of 65 nominees, I've somehow made the Final 10 for Best Single Issue Blog in the Koufax Awards for the best "lefty" bloggers. This puts me in the rather embarrassing position of asking for you vote for me yet again, one last time this year. Promise.

Although it's a cliché, I'm truly honored to be nominated with so many great blogs, many of which are better written than Confined Space and have far more readers than Confined Space (hint hint). Go read them.

So why vote for me? Two reasons. Out of all the nominees in this and every other category, Confined Space is the only blog that addresses workplace safety and labor issues on a regular basis and by winning, more people will read it, exposing them to the reality behind the road work, the factories, the construction sites and the convenience stores they pass by every day. And on those rare occasions when other blogs pick up on health and safety news, it comes from Confined Space.

In addition, if I win, my kids will think I'm cool.

Voting Instructions

There are two ways to vote:

  1. If you like what you read here, go ahead and vote for Confined Space, click on Best Single Issue Blog. Just scroll all the way down the page to the bottom of the page to the comments and leave a comment with the following words: "Confined Space." If you have time, feel free to embellish with kind words so that people know what we're all about.

  2. If that's too much trouble or you're one of my many fans at OSHA or a secret dissident at some Washington D.C. law firm and you'd rather not leave an identifiable public comment, you can also just send a private e-mail to Mary Beth or Dwight, with the heading "Koufax."
And, although it might be tempting to stuff the ballot boxes, only vote once. That goes for your spouse, children and third cousins as well.

The voting is expected to last a week, but in a desperate effort to burn all of my annual leave as early as possible, I'm going on yet another vacation next week, where I may or may not have the capability to do mass mailings to 10,000 of my closest friends. So, as my father used to say "Don't make me come in there and ask you again."

Vote early (but not often.) Hurry, I'm being crushed. Yes, that means you.



Also



If you have time, read some of the other blogs in this and other categories. You'll be glad you did. And if you find anything that changes your life, send a little thanks (the green variety) to the kind folks at Wampum who are doing all this in there spare time.



My recommendations for other awards:


Best Blog (non-pro): Majikthise or Crooks and Liars
Best Blog (pro/sponsor): Political Animal/Washington Monthly
Best Group Blog: AmericaBlog
Best Writing: Suburban Guerilla
Best Expert: Effect Measure
Most Humorous Blog: Jesus' General

So what are we all going to do now? Go here.

Thank you.